Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cambodia 4th-12th Aug 2006

Before I knew it, and since it was a requirement under MCPP 2, I was asked to be in the team to Cambodia. Honestly I wanted to go back to Nepal and there was a team going in September but don’t know, felt a stronger call to be in this team. I have the amazing opportunity to work with Kau Sern, Joanne, Janice, DebbieDebbie, Debbie Loh, Joel, Sarah and the youngest of us all, Aaron. This was youth team and we were there to also conduct a 3-days camp.



We stayed with a 2 church members based in Cambodia. One in Phnom Penh and another in Baray. Well, we were mostly in Baray where our church member have a handicraft workshop and operate a homestay programme. On the 2nd day of the camp, our 4th in Cambodia, 3 of us were little unwell. Our kind host cooked us porridge. We had homemade kaya. Yup, was another one of those pampering trip. I feel so LOVED! Actually one thing about this trip was I didn’t really felt like I left Malaysia. Maybe it’s a bigger team, and we have our missionaries with us all the time, their kids around. Their presence was a blessing to me. As their share about their work, I can only see how great is their faith and how great is our God. They also celebrated Sarah, Aaron and my birthday. God really reminded me how bless I am when I was told that most of the children/youth at camp have never tasted cake before.

I really believe that the mission field is where all the action is….and where life changes and miracles happens everyday. ;-D

Everyone of us get to go on motorbike ride. That was how we get around in the villages unless we were going with the whole group. That was fun. The last time I sat on one was when I was really young. Before coming back, we had a short R & R. That was when we visited the historical "school" the Touslang Museum - we were a little silly to have gone a little late in the evening. Was a bittt creepy. Just imagine how many were sacrifice in the country. I was told that during the difficult time in Cambodia, anyone who was educated or wore glasses were murdered. What we saw at the Museum were photographs of people killed during the Khmer Rouge Regime. Many who were children and babbies.

Anyway, took a while to digest all that. We had dinner on a boat ride on the Mekong River. That was really cool too. There is just so much to mentioned...and I could go on and on...but my roomie...she managed to vomit everything from that trip really well... in a blog specially dedicated to the trip... check out Squaw Red Rim

No comments: