Thursday, June 04, 2009

Be thankful!

Recently I have been maybe a little concern over my savings. There are quite a few things that Iwould love to get for myself. And all that requires $. As I look at my bank statement, the column that indicates amount going in is a consistent amount (which I know I should be thankful for) but the amount that is withdrawn is occasionally more la. As I list the reason for my withdrawal, I know that sometimes some things are not avoidable. Maybe I'm frustrated at myself for not doing anything about it.

I think it has been a little too long since I last went for a mission trip. I have been going every year until last year. But God reminded me yesterday that there are endless things to worry about. Not that I should not be planning my future but getting frustrated is pointless. He reminded me of those people I have met in my past trips. They much more needs than I do. Yet, they live their lives trusting God to provide each meal for them. I think they live a happier and simpler life than most of us in the city.

Today, I want to be thankful that I am alive, healthy and have a paying job. There is only so much I can do today. God can take care of everything else for now.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wa Julia... good la. Now that God has reminded you not to worry, I am sure God also would let you know where to go for your next mission trip ;-) Have a blessed day!