Sunday, April 18, 2010

KK with Colleagues

13th-17th April 2010
Yes, I was in KK again. It's my 5th trip. Since I don't travel much, this is probably my most visited state.

Glad that we had the opportunity to visit Sabah as part of our Team Building + Meetings + Training. I simply love Sabah. To me, it's the most beautiful part of Malaysia. We have to admit that Malaysia always brand ourselves with all things East Malaysia.

We stayed at the beautiful Nexus Resort & Spa. Nope we didn't have spa. Neither did we have much time to even enjoy the pool or the 6km private beach. Wish we did cause I suspect I won't be able to afford to stay there. Plus, I don't like the idea of being so far away from KK town or even the nearest mall. It's pretty inconvenient unless you only want to hide in the resort. Love the quietness of the resort though. Oh and there is free wifi almost everywhere! We also had a nice BBQ dinner (well, we had chef to do the work, we just ate) by the beach.

On the 1.5 day of team building, we crammed in time to Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring & Canopy Walk. The Canopy Walk was changed to much shorter than it originally was last year. It was a very long drive away so we kinda spend quite a lot of time in the bus. Some of the guys managed to kill time by gambling and losing lots of money to each other! We had a short walk in Philipino market in KK town. Had our telematch (team building) on Sapi island - terribly organised by some clueless duo who think they were funny. Glad we managed to have a short snorkeling session before lunch - a little too short. But the place was getting polluted. Lots of trash in the water.

Managed to catch up with Eric and Mun Yee. Met Nora as they were preparing for their trip to interior Sabah. They sacrificially drove me back to my-far-away resort twice. Had the great privilege to sit in Mun Yee's new (still covered with plastics) car! Hehe.

Hopefully I'll get to dive on my next trip to Sabah!

1 comment:

Deborah Ng said...

Yes, I agree... KK is really beautiful, especially the islands. I really enjoyed the snorkelling and the seafood! Hope we get to go together one day :)