Saturday, November 29, 2008

Baking!

My mother finally bought a new oven. Our last oven died almost 20 years ago… as a result of over baking mooncakes! We did bake a few items last few years when my aunt was moving. We get to "jaga" her oven briefly.

But now, we have our own, it is almost a month old now. Couldn’t find time at all last month! So I attempted to bake today. Lemon cake. Inspired after reading Petrina's blog. But something went wrong… A friend said it’s probably because I didn’t “follow the science” of baking. Yah, I was kinda rushing and kinda don’t have the recipe in front of me when I started (what was I thinking!) when I finally got the the webpage, I kinda started a bit. I threw everything into the mixer at one go! Haha. So the end results was... it kinda crumbles easily. Maybe the eggs were a little smaller than they are supposed to be (tak cukup?) I don’t know! Some commented the icing on top was a little too sweet as well. Hmmm, looks like I need to cut down on the original recipe. People are more conscious about health anyway. Less sugar is the way to go!

Should I attempt again? I have some oranges in the fridge. Hehe.

No comments: