Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The job got me

The past few weeks have not been easy for me. I was pre-employed (as Pr. Mike would put it) for way too long. Didn’t really think it would be THIS long since my last paper. I was beginning to wonder why with all possible negative answers attached. It was really terrible. Yea, so what if I don’t quite want to do accounts even if that’s my major. I really believe I can do something else other than accounts. I forwarded my resume to a number of people who offered to help. And for the weirdest reason, I was offered a job…guess what? ACCOUNTS!

I took the job. Hullo, I had to; no one else wants to hire me...(somehow, I suspected something like that would happen)...

This is my second week. I have yet to really start working. Going through an induction programme for new employees. It is a lot like going for lecture. We have a test everyday to make sure we are actually paying attention…it’s ok so far, as long as I don’t keep thinking about the stuff that I’m not happy with. Among the 20 inductees (we’re all from different departments), I’m the only fresh grad. These ppl are pretty nice. I’ll start the real work next week. Then I’ll know where my work station is, who are my immediate colleagues and supervisor. Please pray that they are nice, at least willing to teach, helpful and easy to get a long – am I asking for too much?

No comments: